[ SPOILER: Hedgehog Fibres Lace Club 7/2016 ]
It’s been quite a while since I’ve written the last posting and life was really busy the last weeks. I wrote my last exam and I saved an whole office universe. Sadly knitting time was short and spinning time even more. But here I am – hopefully with more time to come.
I’m currently finishing some projects and I’m playing Pokemon GO a lot, but this thread is about my new special interest: stars and constellations.
I have no basic knowlege about astrology but a project captured my mind – it’s called Celestarium and it’s a view of the sky from the North Pole. I’ve had this in my favourites for quite a while and I became more and more fascinated about it. Recently I learned that there’s another pattern, Southern Skies which shows the sky too, but from the South Pole’s point of view.
So there this new interest in the sky grew. I strolled through the internet and found a really amazing book (in german language) about astronomy which I want to buy next month to get a basic entry to the topic. It’s a book from a publisher for university books and I have quite a few of them, on other topics, at home and love the construction and the draft of it.
So I want to gain knowlege and I want to knit the celestarium. I thing I’ll use a black Wollmeise lace yarn for it and my favourite beads, Miyuki triangles.
And as if the universe knew my latest obsession the Clubs from Hedgehog Fibres came in today. I fell in love with the Merino Lace from Lace club, which is the boyfriends club but we swapped and this lovely thing called “Orion” is mine. I learned that Orion is a constellation and I looked at a lot of pictures of it and I really like my version of it.
Perhaps I have to knit the Southern Skies with it, we will see that in the future.
But for now I want to share my favourite night sky shawl-versions with you:
- the Celestarium from GarnetTearDrop, which is knitted in a dark blue with noctilucent beads – i love that idea!
- the Celestarium from wonderfoal, also with noctilucent beads but in different sizes, which are creating an amazing effect at the dark (perhaps I have to do such a version too)
- Meadow Celestarium from spicyginger, she used a semisolid dark blue and did a different border which I find quite interesting
- Southern Stars from spidergrrrl in a semisolid dark purple yarn, I adore this yarn!
- and last but not least Southern Stars from Liberazione, a really lovely gradient version
As you can see I’m really in love with the skie at the moment and I hope to begin a Celestarium for myself soon.
What are you knitting at the moment and have you knit one of those patterns?
May the yarn be with you!